The Denver chapter of HAE welcomes John Kelley, CEO, and Steve Warnecke, President and CFO, to share the remarkable story of CereScan from start-up to becoming the nation’s leader in statistically measured brain diagnostics.
CereScan provides statistically measured brain diagnostics based on a new generation of imaging software. CereScan is recognized as a “National Treasure” for its disruptive technology in detecting and quantifying complex brain disorders and traumatic brain injury that is providing new hope for professional athletes, military service personnel, and families who are suffering.
Registration fee: $35. To attend the event, please register here.
John A. Kelley, Jr., has served as CEO of CereScan since 2009. He was taking a break from the corporate world following his time as Chairman and CEO of McData—which he grew from $200 million to $630 million before its sale in 2007 for $1 billion—when he learned about CereScan. After researching the start-up and seeing its promise, John became an angel investor and joined the company’s board. When CereScan’s former CEO died abruptly, John stepped in to run the company. Here is a small sample of his vast leadership experience:
- Executive Vice President of Networks at Qwest Communications International
- President of Wholesale Markets and other leadership roles at US West
- Senior leadership positions at NBI Corp., Alcatel/Friden, and Xerox Corporation
- Member of the board of Polycom, Inc.
Steve B. Warnecke has served as a member of the board since October 2014 and was appointed President and CFO in November 2016. Mr. Warnecke has also served as CEO and Chairman of Evolutionary Genomics, Inc. and as Chairman of the board and CFO for VetDC, Inc. A partial list of his distinguished career includes:
- Senior Vice President of Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation
- Lead Independent Director and Audit Committee Chair of Evolving Systems, Inc.
- CFO of Targeted Medical Pharma, Inc.
- CFO and member of the board of Bacterin International, Inc.
- Member of the board of Bone Biologics, Inc., Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc. and Boppy Company
- Senior Vice-President of Strategic Planning for First Data/Western Union
- CFO of Frontier Airlines
Learn more about the leadership team.